I have lived in Larchmont Village for nearly 20 years and have been visiting the Village my entire life. In that time, Larchmont Boulevard has seen many changes. One thing has always remained true over the years – Larchmont is a Village and that’s not easy to achieve in a big city like Los Angeles! While always staying to true to our small town roots, we have also become a premier shopping and dinning destination. The new Larchmont Village Business Improvement website will highlight all we have to offer for locals and those visiting or new to Larchmont. The site will give an inside look at what makes Larchmont Village so special. We will have articles written by locals and will be a source of information for events and all the offerings of the merchants on Larchmont Boulevard.
For those of you that are not familiar with Business Improvement District and what we do, here is a little more information.
The Larchmont Village Business Improvement District is a defined area within which property owners pay (or their tenants) pay an additional tax to fund and provide services, such as cleaning streets and sidewalks, tree trimming, trash pick up and marketing the area. This tax is placed in a special fund the BID can only use to benefit the defined district. The Larchmont Village Business Improvement District includes Larchmont Boulevard from Beverly Boulevard to 1st Street. There are 40+ BIDs in Los Angeles.
BIDs have proven time and again that they are critical in upholding daily street maintenance, retaining neighborhood support, aligning property owners in backing local businesses and reducing crime – all while helping to spark increased retail activity.
What does the Larchmont Village BID do?
Street and sidewalk cleaning, litter pickup, tree trimming and trash bin cleaning:
- 1x/week trash removed from all streetscape areas, landscape wells and planters
- 1x/week early morning street sweeping
- Regular trash removal
- 2x/month pressure wash streetscape areas and trash bin lids
- 1x/year tree trimming
- Worked with CD4 to add the Big Belly trash cans and started the first recycling program on the street
- Street lamp banners
- Holiday decorations
- Decorated utility boxes with artwork from local artist
- Maintain website and social media
- Holiday storefront decoration contest
- Annual Small Business Saturday event
- Media relations
- Communication with property owners and merchants
- Ongoing communication with CD-4, neighborhood groups and the Larchmont Boulevard Association (LBA)
- Creating a trees/sidewalks master plan
- Participate in monthly BID Consortium meetings
- Stay abreast of all city issues and policies that effect merchants and property owners
We welcome your feedback as we develop the site and its content. We hope you come visit each month!
Back to News